Hammer and Hardie Bootcamp
Always wanted to learn Hammer and Hardie cutting techniques?
Or frustrated with your own hammer and hardie cutting and want to improve?
Come get a solid 10-12 hours more of experience
I promise not to chain you to the table like a slave, but we’ll be spending A LOT of time at the Hardie block!
- For those students who have some Hammer and Hardie experience but would like to have the extra supervised time to hone their cutting skills
- For those students who have no Hammer and Hardie experience and would like to learn the cutting methods before going on to another mosaic course.
Students will learn how to cut a wide variety of materials including:
- Stones of varying densities and hardness
- Smalti-Italian, Mexican and Chinese
- Unglazed porcelain and ceramic
- Unusual and challenging materials brought in by students themselves
Cutting methods for various shapes will be covered and practiced
- If you can hit a nail with a hammer you should will most likely be able to learn to use these tools
- If your hands are unsteady and you have trouble with eye-hand coordination this may be a frustrating class for you
- This is a cutting course and no actual mosaics will be made in the class. Students go home with their cut tesserae and uncut remainder of their materials
Hammer and Hardie Bootcamp
Nov 4-5, 2017
Semi-private rate: $375
Private rate: $425
Materials Fee: $70 paid on first day
Classes at MKMosaics Studio are kept to a maximum of 3-4 students. To run a class must have a minimum amount of 2 students.
Please do not delay in signing up.
Many people come in from all over the United States for class and need to make travel arrangements.
Class is a go when the minimum amount of students sign up.
If the minimum amount of 2 students is not met one month prior to the course, I will contact any student signed up to ask if they would like to pay the “private” rate and keep the class as scheduled. If the single student does not wish this, the class will be cancelled and they will have the option to reschedule or receive a full refund.
If student cancels after 4 weeks from class start date a refund will be made minus $50.00.
We will take payments for class with last payment to be made one month before class.
Please contact me at email@example.com to make arrangements.
My studio is located in an artist’s collective called “The Point” in the Hunter’s Point Shipyard in the Bayview area of San Francisco. Though it is accessible by Public Transportation, this area takes quite a while to commute to and from, therefore it is advisable to have a car. Once registration and payment are received I will send you more detailed information about your course and how to get here.
Held at diMosaico-Tucson, AZ
Instructor: Michael Kruzich
Sessions: 2, Saturday, Sunday 10:00a - 4:00p
Materials: $70 paid first day of class