Have you always wanted to learn Hammer and Hardie cutting techniques?
Or are you frustrated with your own hammer and hardie cutting and want to improve?
"Boot Camp" is for you!
Get a solid 8-10 hours more of experience plus a bit of andamento knowledge.
I promise not to chain you to the table like a slave, but we’ll be spending A LOT of time at the Hardie block!
- For those students who have some Hammer and Hardie experience but would like to have the extra supervised time to hone their cutting skills
- For those students who have no Hammer and Hardie experience and would like to learn the cutting methods before going on to another mosaic course.
Students will learn how to cut a wide variety of materials including:
- Stones of varying densities and hardness
- Smalti-Italian, Mexican and Chinese
- Unglazed porcelain and ceramic
- Unusual and challenging materials brought in by students themselves
Cutting methods for various shapes will be covered and practiced along with basic andamento principles.
During the last part of each class students will lay simple andamento lines on a substrate using thinset and the tesserae they have cut during the day. Students may also participate in this with a fellow student in tandem in a sort of “Andamento Scrabble” of sorts.
- This is a cutting course and no actual mosaics will be made in the class. Students go home with their cut tesserae and uncut remainder of their materials along with laid andamento samples.
This class is taught by Michael Kruzich. More information about Michael and his artwork can be found on his website at MKMosaics.com.
Classes must have a minimum of 5 students.
Do not delay in signing up.
Many people come in from all over the United States for class and need to make travel arrangements.
Class is a go at 7 students.
Instructor may be cancel class 4 weeks from start date if not meeting minimum amount of particiapnts.
See diMosaico for cancellation and refund policies
Class Dates and Times:
March 18-19, 2017
Saturday and Sunday: 10am - 4pm
$70.00 paid first day of class